My CFC - JaDeD Cyclone copy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkhanso

Reaction score
Plymouth, MN - terrible tap water for brewing
Here's my CFC - a home-made Jaded Cyclone copy. I haven't actually used it yet, as my BIAB system is not quite complete. I still have to put the real fittings on the in/out of the hot and cold side of the chiller. The wort input and output will both have camlock fittings. The cold side fittings will be screw-on garden hose fittings.

I did solder a piece of electrical wire in a spiral fashion around the outside of the 1/2" pipe that was put inside the 3/4" pipe in hopes to get some turbulence and improved chilling.

The CFC is approx 6" wide and 27" long and has 4 layers.

IMG_20171017_162220.jpg

IMG_20171017_162233.jpg

Nice job. I've got the real deal, and that looks pretty close to mine. I think you might have one more turn.

Was that a ton of pipe sweating or what? I thought very briefly about making one, but hecks with that. Looked like a lot of time to build.

Have you pressure-tested yet?

It was quite a bit of sweating fittings. I've done a lot of amateur plumbing work in my time, so it wasn't really that hard. Just time consuming.
I did pressure test a while ago ago and it revealed that I forgot to solder one joint. That was corrected and it's good now.
I think I have about $30-40 invested in this. All the straight pipe was free. I already had the gas, flux, solder. The only thing I had to buy was the fittings, camlocks and silicone tubing.

Looks great! I built one with just 3 layers, the ease of cleaning is really nice.

Back