My brew first brew of the year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
Well, the last time i brewed a beer was lat July. My did John palmer's porter from his book how to brew. After my buddy did his mash and drained i put another two gallons in the mash tun and put in some oates. Got two gallons from that mash and this morning when i got up to what the gravity was
, it was at 1.020. I knew it would take a lomg boil and so i boiled for 3 hours and did get the gravity up to 1.064. I got just Less than a gallon so almost a six pack. Glad i was able to bring it up and the smell of the wort was realy good. It is sitting in my gallon fermenter right now with the yeast.

Well, the fermentation had started yesterday. The yeast I had used was a yeast that I had used was one that I had in the freezer. I had used that yeast on two other beers, and it had been in the freezer for quite awhile. Did not know if it was going to go but it did. So now it has a nice krausen and bubbling nicely.

Back