My Belgian tripel!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great. I just bottled my first trippel about 10 Days ago. Already carbing nicely. I have a case of 12oz bottles for drinking now, and a case of 22oz for squirreling away until my b-day in july. Mine was a Brewers Best kit, what was yours ?

I would like to have the recipe. I have a killer Bourbon Barrel Stout recipe if you would like it.

Here you go:

13 lbs Dingemans pilsner

1/2 lb Dingemans aromatic malt 22 L

3 oz Biscuit malt 19 L

2 lbs Clear candy syrup
-------
2 oz Sterling hops (60 min)

1/2 oz Saaz hops (15 min)

1/2 oz Saaz hops (end of boil)
-------
Wyeast 3787 xl Trappist high gravity
----------
Mash at 152 degrees (60 minutes)

Lauter & sparge with 6 gallons (adjust as needed)

Ferment as you please!

I'll take that stout recipe, thanks.

10 gallon batch

27lbs 2 row

1.5 lbs black patient

1 lb roasted barley

.5 lbs crystal 120L

.5 lbs carafa III

4oz willamette 60 minutes

2oz cascade 15 minutes

2oz cascade at flameout

Mash at 156 for 60 minutes

Northwest ale yeast or super San Diego yeast
Both work well for this beer

Need a starter of yeast

Have a secondary made about a week ahead of brew day with a handful of oak chips soaking in some bourbon, I use quite a bit of bourbon in mine. Between the 2 secondary fermenters I use a whole fifth of Kentucky Tavern brand bourbon, but you can use whatever you prefer.

I ferment the stout in primary for around 2 weeks or until it reaches near terminal gravity, then I rack over to my pre made secondary with the bourbon and chips and let it sit on that for a full month. Then I keg and carb and bottle from there.

I just brewed a very similar Tripel myself.

I had the opportunity to pitch Wyeast 3684 from a 1.8L starter. That's the Unibroue strain. Listed as Canadian / Belgian. I'm pretty excited for this one. I used this recipe from the forums: #65560

This is about my 10th or 11th Tripel. I have been mostly brewing a Tripel Karmeliet clone and have only brewed the 65560 recipe twice. Its was pretty amazing the first time.

The Karmeliet clone is recipe #226744 on the forums. Its so good I brewed 4 batches in a row, lol.

Back