my beer is so light...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
I can taste the 0.25 oz of late hops I used. I was like, "what's that taste? It's almost sweet or flowery... oh it's Willamette!"

4% ABV, 100 calories, $0.15/pint... FTW!

Sounds like a good beer for those friends/relatives who really want to like your beer, but just can't take the flavor of more substantial brews. Willing to share the recipe?

I once tasted hops in a PBR. True story.

I emailed PBR and this is what they said about this:
"PBR is aware of this problem in our quality control and we are doing our best to solve this problem to continue to provide you with the best can of watered down swill on the market. It is not in Pabst tradition to provide flavored beer and we genuinely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We hope that in the future, you will give PBR another try. We assure you that you won't taste anything next time."

Well its like 6# barley, 2# rice, 2# corn sugar... for 10 gallons! Or maybe 8# barley... I don't have beersmith here right now. Add US-05, give it a few weeks, and voila! Lite beer. Bitter to <10 IBU and there you have it. Main flavor: carbonation! :ban:

Latest posts

Back