my attempt at making my keggles look nice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince805

Reaction score
While waiting for my brew stand to be finished,I am working on getting my keggles put together.

The outside of them are kind of rough looking so I decided to try to make them a bit nicer. I am not trying to make them mirror finished like Bobby's but better than they were. Here's the first pic, I've only fine the bottom section so far.

This is tiring, but I think it's worth it.

ForumRunner_20120506_115154.jpg

Nice Job!

Looks like you are on your way - Just FYI - I found that by putting two 2x4's on my workbench, covering them with an old towel, and laying the keg sideways between them made it much easier on my back a easier to spin the keg when I needed to.

The compound to shine it was messy, so I used different abrasive pads on the angle grinder to reduce the need. Then I only used the first compound and was happy with the 'semi-mirror finish' that I got. It was MUCH easier and faster on the corny kegs, I could do those in only a few hours compared to the keggles

Back