My airlock is bubbling....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itchygomey

Reaction score
Nothing too exciting, but I have fermented a bunch of beers in a bucket and my airlock has never flinched. Today out of the blue it all of a sudden decided to start bubbling. What a Random world.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

poor seal on your bucket maybe? what size batches have you been brewing?

It's always had a poor seal. I normally ferment in glass, but if my glass Is full I use the bucket. It's no big deal. I was just marveling at how this time it randomly decided to seal lol.

It's always had a poor seal. I normally ferment in glass, but if my glass Is full I use the bucket. It's no big deal. I was just marveling at how this time it randomly decided to seal lol.

LOL, I envy your easy going nature. Not common around these parts.

Me, I live for the pitter patter of tiny air bubbles in my airlock. A very reassuring sound.

Now if you're really lucky, you'll have a blow out.

Haha, that'd be lucky alright!

Same thing happened to me a couple times. It randomly seals. I think when I shake the wort to aerate, the sticky wort seals it sometimes. Now I have a gasketed lid simply because I like seeing the activity.

Not that you weren't relaxed to begin with, RDWHAHB :mug:

Hook that baby up to a blow off...

Something about a half gallon of sanitized water and those little bubbles. :D

Back