My air lock is full of foam ?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlabrie

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me. My Nut Brown Ale has been in the fermenter for 24 hours and the Air lock is full of foam! This is what it looks like-
iVaywD3D1bT2RuTCzqm1GAi_uaK97KmCTFZZJuOUCb4=w155-h207-p-no

I put on a new air lock and attached a tube to it and then inserted the tube into a jug of water.It is bubbling like crazy!

I09uaJhlZB5rVu0K0vqEmMwcatE1g3CZdMrMhBRHdWk=w155-h207-p-no
BJwQhM-NfM3ErosBWgdNYejjHaKAZ7NVoB5F0Q3Bt7Y=w276-h207-p-no

Is this going to be OK:confused:
Thanks

You will probably encounter this many times, we all have. Nothing to be worried about.

I dipped the tube and new air lock in Starsan. When it stops should I
reassemble the air lock?
Thanks

I'd leave the blow off tube on, no need to potentially expose the wort to more oxygen.

I put on a new air lock and attached a tube to it and then inserted the tube into a jug of water

Is the tube in water or something like star san or vodka.

I put on a new air lock and attached a tube to it and then inserted the tube into a jug of water

Is the tube in water or something like star san or vodka.

I put it in a jug of leftover bottled water from yesterday's brew.
bxWQXU3NzJJgGOIexYQbWQEXmiBIwJ3jlA7iqkS2XUs=w155-h207-p-no

Might want to put some star san in that jug just in case you get suck back when it slows down. Don't want to add any nasties to the fermentation.

Might want to put some star san in that jug just in case you get suck back when it slows down. Don't want to add any nasties to the fermentation.

I had a bucket of Starsan leftover from the boil. I put a quart in a new jug and replaced the one I was using. Thanks for the heads-up!

Latest posts

Back