Must you bottle exactly at the end of fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember with valves, lots of nooks and crannies inside of them. You need to be really thorough in cleaning them. Lots of people here use them without problems. Just keep them clean. Rinse well and sanitize well.

All the Best,
D. White

Presumably after this first batch or 2 I'll move to stainless fermenters and I'll be running 3pc valves on those....this plastic buckets have no way to clean the valves as they are cheapo plastic valves...I don't think they come apart.

Instructions showed POURING the finished beer? Nuts. Do that and your beer IS finished!

Well I think it say's siphoning and stirring and not splashing....might have been thinking of pouring the wort into the fermenter.

Everything I make gets done in plastic. I do not have valves on all my buckets only my bottling bucket. Bottling valve gets cleaned well, when I use it.

Something will eventually screw up but unless you forget the yeast or puke in the fermenter it usually comes out good enough. You have a lot to learn. Sounds like you are on your way.

Ask questions, most people here are very helpful. I've been doing this thirty years. I certainly do not know everything but I am happy to help when I can. Find a homebrewing club and participate.

All the Best,
D. White

No tasting? Why? I drink all my samples starting with the initial one into fermenter. Nothing is lost! Plus helps you know if all is going well.

Because it’s my first batch ever and I don’t really know what to do or don’t do!!! Haha [emoji3]

Because it’s my first batch ever and I don’t really know what to do or don’t do!!! Haha [emoji3]

No problem. I was there 10 months ago. Have done 20 brews. On first two you make some mistakes. Your beer will be good and only get better ;-)

No tasting? Why? I drink all my samples starting with the initial one into fermenter. Nothing is lost! Plus helps you know if all is going well.
I always drink the wort that I draw off to test gravity before draining into fermenter. Gives me an idea of starting bitterness and aroma. Then I drink the sample at bottling, well, because it is beer. Next time I will bottle up the sample so I can taste non carb against carbed beer.

I always drink the wort that I draw off to test gravity before draining into fermenter. Gives me an idea of starting bitterness and aroma. Then I drink the sample at bottling, well, because it is beer. Next time I will bottle up the sample so I can taste non carb against carbed beer.
Agree completely. It's good to taste a sample during the various steps in the brewing process to better "taste" what is happening along the way. [emoji481]

Back