Music to Brew With

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graveyard - Hisingen Blues album

Buck Owens

Any bluegrass... heavy banjo preferred. The Last Revel is getting a ton of playtime as of late.

depends on the mood. Cherry Poppin' Daddies (pre Zoot Suit Riot), The Forgotten, Hank III, Hank Williams Sr., Megadeth, King Missile, Leonard Cohen, The Versatiles, Anti-Heroes, Acid Bath, etc....

Sully Erna with Lisa Guyer - Avalon, Godsmack, Led Zeppelin, most any metal.

"There stands the glass" originally by Webb Pierce done here
by Patty Loveless:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6pGJONVMY[/ame]

I usually rock a Grateful Dead show, Dub Reggae, instrumental acid jazz, or some Parliment Funkadelic. Or if some friends are over we'll jam out during the boil. Boil Jams can get interesting.
Drop it like it's hops.

Always turn on some good Red dirt texas country. Usually casey donahew band or aaron Watson.

Lots of jam music, it's easy to get lost in it and continue the work flow. String cheese, Dead, Umphrey's, Yonder

Or if I'm brewing early on a weekend I listen to all the good NPR shows like Wait, Wait and Car Talk

With my early morning brewing its a quiet time with the kids asleep. Chilled out, pot of tea, very Zen.

After watching Mongster's greatest brewing video ever made however looks like their morning slumbers will need to be cut short. Norwegian death metal from here on out.

Mostly bluegrass or related genres for me, too.

I play mandolin in a trio that's sort of bluegrass/country/jazz, and the fiddle player and I often do joint brew days, so I suppose it only makes sense that our soundtrack for brewing fits the genre of what we rehearse!

I play mandolin in a trio that's sort of bluegrass/country/jazz, and the fiddle player and I often do joint brew days, so I suppose it only makes sense that our soundtrack for brewing fits the genre of what we rehearse!

Also a mandolin player & often uses my time brewing to play/practice fiddle tunes that I know & work on ones that I don't. I try to always play the song "Liberty" to honor the fact that I can sit in my backyard & brew my own beer...not many liberties remaining so thankful of ones we still have. I do have a fiddle player that helps me brew occasionally but his list of fiddle tunes is limited and my other fiddle buddy who I jam with is in recovery so he obviously doesn't help on brew day.

Also play my Ipod on shuffle mode so I can listen to everything from old time fiddle music & bluegrass, Gov't Mule, ABB, Beatles, Merle Haggard, Sturgell Simpson, etc.

I have my old iPhone from about 4 years ago... it is my last remaining piece of equipment that has all of my old music from high school and college that hasn't been stolen or broken. So I usually charge that up, put it on random and enjoy the nostalgia.

Also, though I have only brewed twice so far, I might try my go-to work station which is Rudy Film Score on Pandora. I get pretty stoked when Game of Thrones or the Dark Knight score comes on.

I like the idea on NPR. I love their weekend line-up but I only usually listen if I'm driving. I might have to schedule my brew session around the Sunday repeat of A Prairie Home Companion.

No music, usually just the news channels or an audiobook. If I had music on, then I would start singing... Wake my wife up, scare the neighbors, and cause my goats to cut off their ears. Nope, can't have that!

I usually listen to audiobooks or podcasts while I brew, but if I'm in the mood for music, it's usually one of my Zeppelin or Floyd vinyls for brewing.

Same music I listen to while driving, a little of everything. I'm a massive music geek, so it can run from punk rock to jazz to hip hop to country and back again. My Pandora playlist thinks I'm schizophrenic.

If you like indie/folk/stuff check this out: (Jared & The Mill)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlhLdGlP9B4[/ame]

I usually brew a lot to them.

As a bagpiper and homebrewer, it seems the Scottish/Celtic Rock/Punk seems to best stimulate my endorphins, so:

Dropkick Murphys
The Real McKenzies
Enter the Haggis (now the Jubilee Riots)
Skiltron
Mudmen

Most of the songs are about being/getting/results of having been drunk, so it seems appropriate.

Ike

Back