Multiple towers, single cooling fan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpendingDisaster

Reaction score
Howdy. I'm looking to convert chest freezer into a keezer. For aesthetic reasons, She Who Must Be Obeyed decided on 4 angled top towers. I'm wondering about cooling the lot of them. Should I get a fan for each or could I get away with 2 and divide each airflow into two towers? Also, I'm wondering about the size of the fans. I've been looking at 50mm and 75 mm blower fans. I'd appreciate any advice, warnings, polite mockery, etc.

fwiw I use a 40mm ball bearing fan in a tiny plastic enclosure driving 1"ID vinyl tubing stuffed up my t-tower column with the (6) beer lines tie-wrapped around it. It manages to keep the tower within 10°F of the keezer interior temperature in the dog days of August, within 5°F during the cooler months.

tower_cooler_12.jpg

I suspect you'll have to do some experimenting to see if you can share blower outputs. With a larger blower and as efficient a connection scheme as possible you might well be able to share a fan between a pair of towers, maybe even all four - but you'll likely need a blower with a good static pressure rating...

Cheers!

Thanks! I think for what little computer fans cost, I'd be further ahead wiring up 4 to run together. I'll try to concoct something like you have here.

Latest posts

Back