Mulling Spices in Winter Seasonal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltG

Reaction score
Thinkng of a British Strong with a bag (or 2) of mulling spices. Thoughts?
13156_XXX_v1.jpeg
13156_XXX_v2.jpeg

Sounds tasty, but personally I feel that spices - especially some of those found inn this particular bag - work better with Belgian Dark Strong Ales, like Pannepot. Do you cook? Have you tasted food or drinks made with all the spices in the bag? Do you know the proportions of each spice in the bag? Some spices need a lighter hand than others, and not knowing the amounts of each can result in an unbalanced flavour profile or at least, not to your liking.

Sounds tasty, but personally I feel that spices - especially some of those found inn this particular bag - work better with Belgian Dark Strong Ales, like Pannepot. Do you cook? Have you tasted food or drinks made with all the spices in the bag? Do you know the proportions of each spice in the bag? Some spices need a lighter hand than others, and not knowing the amounts of each can result in an unbalanced flavour profile or at least, not to your liking.
Our brew club does a style of the month and I'd have 30 days from brew day to drink do didn't know if a dark strong would be done in time.

Back