Moving to houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ztp

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls, I just graduated college and am going to be moving to Houston from southern OK to start my new career. I was wondering if anyone can list some good brew pubs I need to visit while I'm down there, some good homebrew shops, and possibly the better neighborhoods to live in lol. I have searched the Internet but would like some personal opinions from those who live there. thanks in advance.

flying saucer on Main street in downtown has every beer you can think of.

there's a place called The hay market that's going to be opening up soon that's supposed to be awesome as well. ( I don't know if they're going to brew on site or just have an amazing set up with micro's and crafts)

as far as brewpubs, there have been many that started off and either quit brewing or had to shut down. I think there is a place called Two-Row's that's still up and running....maybe.

The brewpub market in Houston sucks, but the bar scene is great. If you're looking for good craft beer and a great experience, you should be more than satisfied with The Flying Saucer.

Back