Moving to Boise, ID (can I bring my Beer?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learningmore

Reaction score
Hi all. My girlfriend just accepted a great position at Boise State University and I'll be moving to Boise, ID also.

So far I've found a local brewshop, great church (Vineyard Boise) and other local homebrewers.. and I may possibly have found a great place to stay.

If anyone knows of any jobs or positions in Boise I'd love to talk to you. I'm male, 29 and worked Construction, IT Helpdesk/Support, Technical Sales and other positions.

====
Any locals know if I can transport my homebrewed beer into ID ? I know some states are big on Alchohol in their state- and wanting tax from it.

Transporting homebrew across state lines has came up before. Basically you could go through the hassle of figuring out the legality, or just put your "homeade soda" in the car or moving truck and not worry about it.

I wouldn't sweat it. Box it up, and bring it over... just don't mail it via USPS. You should enjoy Boise State football, don't know if you watched them in the Fiesta Bowl in the 2007 season when we beat Oklahoma :).

There is a very active beer scene, and a lot of homebrewers in the area.

Last weekend was the Treasure Valley Organic Homebrew Challenge, and All Idaho Homebrew battle. Next weekend there is an Eco-Brew festival.

Boise Beer Fest is going on August 8-9 (http://www.boisebeerfest.com)

Bring warm clothes for the winters :)

Even though Boise doesn't get REAL winters, it is definitely more than you get from SoCal!

Boise's not a bad beer town. Be sure to hit The Front Door for a decent lil' taphouse.

Psst. This thread was from 7/13/2008, not this year.

Is there perhaps a way to view posts by date that keeps on digging up these threads?

Oops... that was my fault. I periodically search "Boise" to keep up with brewing stuff in the area. I'll try to pay closer attention... I thought it was only a day old :)

Back