Moving kegerator outside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stooby

Reaction score
I'm getting a new kegerator, a bigger setup, so I'm thinking of moving it out of my garage to the back patio. What are the potential problems with having it outside. I live in wichita falls, tx, the hottest place on earth so I'm hoping the unit (beverage air) can cool sufficiently enough. What about flies or bugs? It has locking doors so I'm not worried about theft. Any experiences? Thanks, Rick

I'm getting a new kegerator, a bigger setup, so I'm thinking of moving it out of my garage to the back patio. What are the potential problems with having it outside. I live in wichita falls, tx, the hottest place on earth so I'm hoping the unit (beverage air) can cool sufficiently enough. What about flies or bugs? It has locking doors so I'm not worried about theft. Any experiences? Thanks, Rick

I was wondering the same thing....just not near as hot here!

Does it have a tower? May want to consider locking taps as well. Don't want the neighborhood high schoolers dipping into your stash

My kegerator in an uninsulated detached garage seemed to do alright here during the summer, about a month of 100F+ temps.

Since you are worried about bugs I would recommend getting these plugs that you can stick in the tap. You don't want some extra floaters when you get a pint.

NMYp9eEtVvUpT2j9M2cExfNJQAxB4t8kVbVnEDs0dDHcAPXVTep_n6wRoIsEjp9PPmQr2j0JhKp3clVy70YkRYdSVWIq0GXL9VkARIdGn5ldF67U4HCbtN4K4c-pUrlO5Viz1bfpyhl0

Wichita Falls gets some pretty nasty winters also.... I'd be more worried about that than the heat. It will do fine in the heat but the cold may be a problem with out some control.

Those caps are a good idea, never seen them. I'm assuming u can find them pretty easily. Yeah, I never thought about the winter & freezing problems. Last year we had 100 days of 100 degrees or hotter, August averaged 107. I guess I have that stuck in my head as I work outside (mailman). I've got a storage bldg with electricity, maybe I can make room in it. Thanks for the help

Back