Mouth full of Nuts Imperial PB Milk Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

619Brewer

Reaction score
I had some requests to post it up again. When I went to find the original post I realized it wasn't the Peanut Butter version I had posted, but only the Imperial Stout version of this recipe. The only difference is the Vanilla, PB powder and cacao nibs.

This recipe has a lot of wiggle room in the PB department. I personally don't want a PB stout to be completely overwhelmed by the peanut butter flavor but it definitely has to be present and noticeable. More than anything it should complement the amazing stout that this recipe is.

5 Gallon Recipe

17 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 80.0 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 2 7.1 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 3 4.7 %
1 lbs Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 4 4.7 %
8.0 oz Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 5 2.4 %
8.0 oz Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 6 2.4 %
3.00 oz Northern Brewer [10.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 7 75.6 IBUs
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining
2.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 9 12.5 IBUs
16.00 oz Lactose (Boil 15.0 mins) Other
6.35oz of Peanut Butter Powder (Boil 15 min)
3L starter of WLP007

Dryhop Schedule
This is where you can adjust to your taste on the PB, but this is what I do.

2-4 tsp of Vanilla Extract 6 days
8oz Cacao Nibs 6 days.
6.35oz Peanut Butter Powder 6 days
3.15oz Peanut Butter Powder 3 days

Mashed at 152 for 60 minutes.

Target OG 1.095-1.105

Estimated FG 1.022-1.026

Estimated ABV 9-11%

This is a big ass beer and has a lot of flavor profiles going on. Be patient with it. I let mine sit in the primary the entire time even during dryhop. Allowing it to really clean everything up and have a great finish.

My batches always have a great Peanut butter nose with the initial flavor being peanut butter but quickly fades into a delicious stout flavors: coffee, chocolate and fig.

Last batch I put this on nitro and holy cow it's good and thick and creamy head. I hope you all enjoy.

If anyone else tries this recipe, please let me know how it turns out and your thoughts on it. I'm always open to new ideas.

I'm brewing it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes...

What temp did you ferment at?

Back