Mounting gas distributor - Haier Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
I have a Haier Kegerator that i'm able to jam 3 kegs into and recently added a 3 port distributor and as happy as I am with it just being shoved in the back and working i'd like it to be mounted on the wall or top of the kegerator. Can someone tell me if the inside top or wall is ok to screw into for mounting my distributor? I'm guessing the top is just plywood but better to know for sure than guess and puncture something. I'd rather it be mounted to the inside top if possible.

Thanks

Sounds like we have the same kegerator. My 3 port distributor just hangs from the regulator. Been like that for 2 years now.

What did you do for taps? I added 2 more taps to my tower.

I'd like the distributor to be a bit more accessible than its current location i'm hoping to hear I can screw it to the top.

Currently using the single tower and picnic taps off the other two kegs but will eventually be drilling 2 additional holes in the tower to allow for a couple perlick faucets.

You have any pictures you could post up of your tower and how you added the two extra faucets? I'd love to have some visual inspiration.

i dont have that model but the top should not have any lines in it. normally the lines are in the sides and back depending on the fridge. i have never heard of a unit with lines in the top. if i were you i would determine where i want to mount it, top would be safest, drill a couple pilot holes through the plastic lining on the inside and look to see if u can see any coolant lines, if not attach your distributor there and screw in to your pilot hole.

I don't have a way to download pics to my computer, but the 2 taps I added are rotated about 45 degrees on either side of the original, and about 1/2" farther down so the shanks would clear each other inside the tower.

I bought the shortest shanks micromatic had and they worked perfectly.

I don't have a way to download pics to my computer, but the 2 taps I added are rotated about 45 degrees on either side of the original, and about 1/2" farther down so the shanks would clear each other inside the tower.

I bought the shortest shanks micromatic had and they worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info, sounds pretty much as I was planning to do. I've seen shanks with a 90 or so degree bend that looked like they'd do the trick as well.

Now that I think about it, my cooling lines are all exposed on the inside of the keg compartment on the back wall. Maybe we have different models.

Now that I think about it, my cooling lines are all exposed on the inside of the keg compartment on the back wall. Maybe we have different models.

Nope, sounds just like mine. The cooling plate sits exposed against the back inside wall. I was just wondering if there were other lines in other areas or anything else I should worry about drilling into. Guess not?

I can't imagine why they would run lines both through the walls and a cooling plate inside.

Latest posts

Back