Mounting draft tower on wooden collar of mini fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
I have just received the approval of the SWMBO for a keg setup. With limited space in our apartment I have my ferm fridge in the outside storage closet...and I'm pretty sure my kegerator will be going in there too. With that said, I was thinking I would go with the usual mini fridge and build a collar on it. Has anyone mounted the tower on the collar instead of drilling into the fridge? I was considering it but, I was also considering drilling in the door due to the tower costing a lil more extra money.

What did you end up doing? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I get around to kegging. I have a mini fridge and was planning on building a collar on it. My options then are to have a draft tower, which I would run through the collar, or I would need a sturdy table to set it on and run fridge faucets through the collar that way. To make it cheaper I'm looking into building a tower, either pvc or wood.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Back