Most Renowned Beer Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrolight

Reaction score
I'm not big on the beer competition thing yet, but I've got a beer I'd like to try my hand at submitting. But I don't want to submit it to local or smaller competitions. I'm looking for the big national type that come once a year and are the most difficult to win.

I have found this list which is nice but a huge list.

My first instinct is that the National Homebrew Competition (NHC) would be the one I'm looking for. But my first instinct has let me down before...

Your instincts are a little late (or a lot early) on NHC, but if you hurry, it looks like you can enter the Poetry Slam in Fort Collins (no idea where you are, but you'll probably have to ship anyway). The Slam usually has around 10 pro-ams, so it gets a lot of entries.

The NHC is definitely king. First-round judging is just complete, so you can either send your beer somewhere else or wait until next year.

Personally, IMO there are very few (if any) comps that aren't worth entering because they are "...local or smaller competitions." Win some gold medals and a BOS or two before you get too big for your britches... ;)

Back