Most Interesting Brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wefdog

Reaction score
What's the most interesting brew you ever made or drank and it still ( maybe surprisingly) turned out good?

I made a cascade pale ale that I put 4 cups of watermelon juice in. Turned out awesome. It was agressively hopped and yet people who don't drink hoppy beers loved it.

Horehound Belgian Strong? although everyone else (besides Clint & E) died from drinking it as they no longer post here. and there was the one I brewed that was 98% Red Man & 15% MO...

What's the most interesting brew you ever made or drank and it still ( maybe surprisingly) turned out good?

Probably one of the more interesting brews for me was a Ginger Beer. It wasn't necessarily a crazy beer to brew or anything, but I found it very interesting to try and come up with a recipe. It's not like homebrewing cider, beer, wine, or mead where you can find tons of recipes. It's also dissimilar in that many of the recipes you can find online are very different. It turned out very good but I haven't brewed it since because of time constraints. I was surprised because I wasn't sure if it would be too strong or how it would taste.

Whoa. Horehound Belgian Strong? Details.

it was just a Belgian Strong with 1 lb Horehound candy in the boil. which sucks, by the way, until it dissolves. it's almost like melted glass and/or taffy until then.
PM me if you want the full recipe I used.

Billy-Klubb said:
Horehound Belgian Strong? although everyone else (besides Clint & E) died from drinking it as they no longer post here. and there was the one I brewed that was 98% Red Man & 15% MO...

Whoah! That's 113%! More than I've ever used.

The most interesting beer I've made was a BDSA with way more hops than is typical for the style. Still have a few bottles stashed away more than a year after the brew day.

Back