Mosaic smash - what dry hops to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scallopking

Reaction score
I've made this smash twice with all mosaic in the boil and dry hop. I'd like to try something different on the dry hop this time. thought about citra, el dorado and a few others. But since I have never really paired anything with Mosaic yet want to hear from others.

What is the best dry hop to pair with an all mosaic IPA? thanks.

I paired Mosaic with Azacca which came out nice.

FYI it wouldn't be a SMASH if you used more then 1 hop and an all Mosaic IPA would be ALL Mosaic. SMaSH = Single Malt and Single Hop

well I guess it's no longer a smash but a smadh now! lol.

these are all great ideas, worried about the Azaaca if it would be enough aroma? - I typically use 5-6 oz. dry hop.

I love me some Columbus, hmmm that may be good one.

I am out of Galaxy but have Citra, is there a good Galaxy alternative?

I'm about to do something like that, I called it smash(simple mash, simple hop). It's 94% maris otter, 6% flaked oats then bittered with warrior but flavored and dry hopped with lots of Mosaic.

Do a hop-stand with Apollo, and then dry-hop with Galaxy - or Nelson Sauvin.

Interesting, i have those except Galaxy. I just did an awesome Nelson/Citra so shying away from those probably. Wonder about a mosaic, Apollo, Columbus mix that just came to mind?

I'm about to do something like that, I called it smash(simple mash, simple hop). It's 94% maris otter, 6% flaked oats then bittered with warrior but flavored and dry hopped with lots of Mosaic.
that's awesome, I like that. Kinda like mine with a Warrior bitter and then all mosaic at the end and hopstand.

Interesting, i have those except Galaxy. I just did an awesome Nelson/Citra so shying away from those probably. Wonder about a mosaic, Apollo, Columbus mix that just came to mind?

Columbus is WONDERFUL as a dry-hop!

Back