Mosaic Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmeskill

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US05
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
I modelled this one off a quaffable Amarillo Pale I found here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/amarillo-pale-ale.659382/ with a fair few modifications based on what I had on-hand. I decided I wanted something that was juicy like a NEIPA but not over the top in either that or ABV while also being fairly simple post-brew-day as I always get lazy with my dry hops. The thread over at the Amarillo suggested, and I've read elsewhere, that a vigorous functions largely the same as a dry-hopping, so, being lazy, I opted for that here, too. All late-addition hops, too, to both retain the Mosaic character and keep brew day simpler.

upload_2019-8-7_12-10-13.png

Single-temp mash at 147F/64C, no mash-out with water adjustments to BeerSmith's Amber Dry profile (50 Calcium, 15 Magnesium, 15 Sodum, 110 Sulfate, 50 Chloride, 45 Bicarbonate). I've used US05 and, now that it's too hot in my apartment for that, Voss Kviek. The VK really ups the citrusy character of the Mosaic but doesn't overpower the hops, which might well be my favourite right now. Head retention is great, body is pretty well balanced towards a light NEIPA-juicy but with a balanced malt/hop character. All around just a perfectly quaffable beer with a simple grain bill and even simpler post-brew day! I'll post a photo of the finished product the next time I open a bottle!

Latest posts

Back