Mosaic pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash568

Reaction score
So I got my hands on some mosaic hops the other day and decided to do a pale ale using an oz of nugget and mosaic also might dry hop with simcoe since I read that mosaic is a cross of the two nugget and simcoe. My question is does anyone have finished beer using this new hop with any feed back?

My coworker makes a killer mosaic pale ale! He uses only mosaic, the times and amounts I'm not sure of though.

I love mosaic recently Made an IPA and i dry hopped with it. Gave a strong grapefruit aroma that was overpowering at first then mellowed nicely.

I used Mosaic as a dry hop in my most recent IPA. To me, it is so close to Simcoe in fact I would probably use it as a sub for Simcoe. That being said, I was a little underwhelmed with it for a dry hop. To me Citra mixed with either Amarillo, Columbus, or Centennial is far more dramatic aromatically.

Put simply, I am glad I only bought 2 oz of Mosaic and not a pound. Others would disagree, but eventually YMMV. I didn't really care for it all that much. Maybe I will try it again someday, but for now I think I will stick with some other hops.

I found some mosaic at the lhbs & got a couple ounces for one of my new style of IPA's. The all NZ hopped Maori IPA is def a favorite of a few people who've tried it. It's like SA Latitude 48 IPA with that chracteristic NZ tropical fruit thing.
So I thought I'd brew an IPA with hops more like that used in the SA offering.
Having other hop flavors in an IPA besides grapefruit is reallt good,refreshing,& much more depth of character imo. Y'all gotta experiment with this kind of IPA brewing. It sounds like y'all are ready for something familiar,but different?...:mug:

Back