MoreBeer Sweet Stout kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About half way in to an hour boil using the MoreBeer Sweet Stout kit. Sure does smell good! I went outside a minute ago to check it and there were several honey bees flying around. Guess they want a sample too!

Edit: O.G. was 1.056. Estimated O.G. was 1.045-1.049. Pitched re-hydrated Safale 04 into 68 degree wort at around 3:45 pm. Airlock liquid started moving around 7:45, and has not yet made a bubble, but is getting close to bubbling for first time, and it is now 9:08 pm.

The hydrometer sample tasted sweet, but you could definitely taste the cascade hops. Now I just have to play the waiting game until I can get it bottled and start the aging process in the bottle. Guess I will crack the first one open about 6 weeks from now and see how it tastes.

Just took a hydro reading after being on yeast for 9 days. Bubbling has stopped in airlock and gravity reading is right at 1.020. I plan on leaving it on the yeast cake for at least two weeks, and may be bottling it this week-end.

Hydro sample tasted outstanding! Can't wait to get it bottled so I can brew a porter kit I have waiting.

Latest posts

Back