More Bootleg Betas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownni5

Reaction score
This morning, Bootleg Biology released two new Beta strains. I think this is a great idea - they've now done seven new strains/blends since the beginning of the pandemic.

One today is called OB Belgian Ale - reportedly a clean Sacch strain from " a highly regarded Belgian Oud Bruin." Anyone willing to read between the lines there? I guess I don't know what THE oud bruin is.

Also, they've released Classic American Beta. This sounds a lot like Chico to me. I'm not normally one to give business advice, but releasing common strains that are much more easily obtained doesn't seem like they're niche. Maybe it's just me.

At any rate, I love trying new Belgian yeasts, but given my brewing backlog and the killer shipping rates for one pack, I think I'll pass.

Nice tip. I wish I wanted to buy more to defray the shipping, but I settled on the Oud Bruin and an additional pitch of the Mad Fermentationist Saison. I am looking forward to the Oud Bruin because it’s a style of beer I have thought about brewing for months. This is likely the kick in the pants that I needed to make it a reality.

Back