Mold in my sour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MapleGroveAleworks

Reaction score
Hi all, just want to verify this is mold growing in my Flanders Red so I can pitch this down the drain. Thanks
20181221_204836.jpeg
20181221_204848.jpeg

+1
Looks like mold ...
Since it's not touching the beer I would just transfer it to a new vessel if possible.

The bigger concern is that you have too much oxygen exposure. Mold requires oxygen to grow, so you definitely have too much in your fermenter.

Cheers, good luck!

Molds grow by spores and those spores are all around and in the beer. They either transferred from your wort from cooling too slowly or your vessel/utensils were improperly sterilizatied. Some molds can be very harmful. If it’s me, I’m dumping it. If you do choose to keep it, you should let anyone who tries it know. I’m a better safe than sorry person lol

I would say go ahead and keg it . . . If you keep it long enough it will become trendy!!!!!:rock:

SORRY . . . just came from the Christmas party .. . . . .paaarrrty . . . .... ..cerebraltions thingy . . . . .You understand!

Back