Mobile Keg Competition Set Up | My Current Homebrew Kegging Mobile System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaggersBrewingCo

Reaction score
Having done a few Homebrew Competitions at different venues I had to switch things up after my first set up was not perfect.

Taking some lessons learned I evolved the original set up into something that seems to be better so far!

That's an inexpensive solution. What I think works well is that you get all your kegs and tank in there and you can wheel it around. You seem to be a younger fellow than me and me being old and with a long driveway, I have bought quite a few wheeled trash cans over the years. Your wheels are going to break. Other than the wind stealing my lids, that's the number one failure point on my trash cans. I have several broken wheeled containers on my property. The wheels break off the axles or the axles break through their housing. You're really filling up the can too, three kegs and all that ice. If you were wanting to continue with this sort of theme, I've seen some stainless steel barrels that would be real strong to which you could possibly add a solid set of wheels. Maybe a tap tower on top. Put two round folding stools midway on the sides that unfold. Weldless bulkhead in the bottom like you did to drain it. I think three kegs might fit in a barrel.

My suggestion for you and you have some of this already is to bring spare parts and tools. I keep a shoebox sized clear tote with a couple of adjustable wrenches, a faucet wrench (it's actually a flat beer multitool), some universal poppets, screwdriver, spare gas and beverage disconnects, a spare duotight fitting, and some clamps. I bring along some starsan and a spare CO2 tank as well.

My traveling solution is on the opposite end of the cost spectrum, a jockey box. This is what I take camping. The wheels on it are the weakest point as once you get four kegs on the bottom, the wheels don't want to roll on uneven terrain. Set up and breakdown therefore take a bit longer than yours would. The cart isn't exactly the finest but it goes with the jockey box. I built it myself, it saves some money but it still was expensive. I started out with just two taps but planned for four.

1675375820583.jpeg

That's an inexpensive solution. What I think works well is that you get all your kegs and tank in there and you can wheel it around. You seem to be a younger fellow than me and me being old and with a long driveway, I have bought quite a few wheeled trash cans over the years. Your wheels are going to break. Other than the wind stealing my lids, that's the number one failure point on my trash cans. I have several broken wheeled containers on my property. The wheels break off the axles or the axles break through their housing. You're really filling up the can too, three kegs and all that ice. If you were wanting to continue with this sort of theme, I've seen some stainless steel barrels that would be real strong to which you could possibly add a solid set of wheels. Maybe a tap tower on top. Put two round folding stools midway on the sides that unfold. Weldless bulkhead in the bottom like you did to drain it. I think three kegs might fit in a barrel.

My suggestion for you and you have some of this already is to bring spare parts and tools. I keep a shoebox sized clear tote with a couple of adjustable wrenches, a faucet wrench (it's actually a flat beer multitool), some universal poppets, screwdriver, spare gas and beverage disconnects, a spare duotight fitting, and some clamps. I bring along some starsan and a spare CO2 tank as well.

My traveling solution is on the opposite end of the cost spectrum, a jockey box. This is what I take camping. The wheels on it are the weakest point as once you get four kegs on the bottom, the wheels don't want to roll on uneven terrain. Set up and breakdown therefore take a bit longer than yours would. The cart isn't exactly the finest but it goes with the jockey box. I built it myself, it saves some money but it still was expensive. I started out with just two taps but planned for four.

View attachment 811689
Nice set up!

I plan on adding a few more things to take with me for these occasions. I tried to approach this as an easy and cheap solation, and I couldn't be happier with it for now anyways.

I don't really see me taking three kegs plus the bottle of C02 anytime really soon. I looks like the next outing I may take two kegs out, but then I need to plumb my regulator to handle that. This for sure has been a better upgrade then the first set up I had!

Cheers!

Back