MLT issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergusyarrow

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had to make some adjustments to my MLT and now need to put it all back together. I am looking at using silicone to help keep it all leak free. Any advice as to a particular kind suited to the purpose. I have shown my setup in the attached pics. I had to cut a hole in the cooler at the outset so that is part of my problem as the whole thing moves freely when I turn the valve, hence the need to strengthen and seal it all up

Cheers,

Fergus

ForumRunner_20130825_100649.jpg

ForumRunner_20130825_100704.jpg

ForumRunner_20130825_100717.png

Check the hardware dept at lowes. Specifically the drawers or parts. When I built mine I found a rubber grommet that went in the hole and sealed everything up perfect. Might be no need for sealant.

Usually we don't cut out the stiffer outer casing of the cooler and use a longer nipple instead. I would add some stainless washers as backing plates on both sides and I would keep an eye out for cracks in your inner casing.

A lot of us have really good luck at bargainfittings.com who have stainless valve kits with all the rights parts and dimensions.

Latest posts

Back