Mixing beer at the tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PasbitinusBluinusRibbinus

Reaction score
Can you "split" a tap line to come from two kegs, causing them to mix while coming out of the tap?

Further, can you control the ratio by varying the pressure in each keg?

Thanks!

I've got iced tea on tap for the summer. Trying to figure out if I can put hot tea on tap by mixing boiling water (via an instant hot water heater tank) and highly concentrated tea from a keg. If I can mix them via pressure at a ratio of say, 70-30, it will come out at drinking temperature and be mixed at the tap.

Liquid from the lower pressure line won't flow into the mixer it you just feed it with a "Y" or "T". In fact you are likely to have liquid flow back into the lower pressure line from the higher pressure line. There is no way to get flow from a lower pressure area to a higher pressure area.

You'd have to have flow control from each line into a lower pressure mixing chamber, and then serve from the mixing chamber. If one or both of the liquids is carbonated, you will lose a lot (maybe most) of the carbonation on mixing.

Brew on :mug:

Back