Missed my diacetyl rest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingobitme

Reaction score
Racked my Wyeast 2206 bock to corny to go into the keezer to lager after a 45f two week primary and forgot to do the diacetyl rest... Can I pull it and warm it up for a few, or am I hosed?

I would take a sample and see if you can detect diacetyl. If not, then it's a moot point. If you can detect it, I'd try leaving it at room temp a few days to see if the yest left in suspension can do the job. If not, a small addition of ale yeast will likely do the job at room temp. No need to worry about changing the character of the beer since that was already locked in by the 2206.

I've made exactly the same mistake. This is my first lager (also a bock with 2206 wyeast) and I made the mistake of thinking a d-rest needs to happen at the end of fermentation and not 75% of the way through.

It's been going for 2 weeks and has already hit the fg. Can you tell me what you did to fix yours? Really hope I'm not screwed. I've just raised the temp to 18C so hopefully that will do it.

Thanks

P.s. Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry if I've done something wrong.

Back