Mislabel wiehenstephaner bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoneycutt

Reaction score
It's a great beer, but which is it? And should I get another and leave it unopened for possible future value?

image.jpg

The reason I asked is to start with at hop city I didn't even notice the labels being different but looking online I haven't seen another like it only both labels saying the same thing.

Dunkel and dark are the same thing. I'm guessing the neck label was supposed to go on a bottle destined for the German domestic market.

Yeah, that's totally screwed up...I happen to be an expert in dunkelbier labelling, so you better send that too me for an appraisal.

What's wrong with the label? Is it upside down or something? I don't see the mistake in the photo.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be more obvious as well. Just the fact that they said "Hefeweissbier Dunkel" on the neck label and "Hefeweissbier Dark" on the bigger label doesn't strike me as very odd or anything.

Probably more cost effective to change one not both but dunkel means dark, hefe means yeast, weizen means wheat

Yeah, I thought it was going to be more obvious as well. Just the fact that they said "Hefeweissbier Dunkel" on the neck label and "Hefeweissbier Dark" on the bigger label doesn't strike me as very odd or anything.

That fact is what struck me as odd. Never seen it before. I have never actually seen it labeled as "dark" before either just dunkel. Oh well learn something new every day. Thanks folks.

I guess this all begs the next and obvious question, anyone got a good clone recipe?

Latest posts

Back