Mirror,Mirror & others

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
So I tried a few new brews tonight and I must say that I am mighty impressed...

Deschutes Mirror,Mirror- To date this is the best Barleywine I have tasted. Nice and Malty but well balanced. The first couple of sips were very unique, but after that it was very smooth and just a pleasure to drink. I was skeptical at first because I'm not a huge fan of Deshutes yearly offerings, but they do a damn fine job on this brew.

Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout-This is a great beer. Dark Black with a huge Rocky Head that sticks around for the duration of the pint. Up front it is a touch sweet and finishes with a nice,slightly bitter Roast flavor.

Speakeasy IPA- This one took the cake for me, Nice & dry, with a great Hop Flavor. Not much of a nose on it, but the flavor was outstanding, and not much of a bitter finish, which I really like. It was kind of a sleeper beer for me, I didn't expect much from it, but it really surprised me. It had a very pronounced Grapefruit flavor, but not overdone. I'm thinking Columbus, but I will have to check their website for any info, that's just a guess.

Anyhow, I would Highly suggest any of these brews. Tonight was a good night for new brews.:mug:

I was just looking at the Deschutes website, and they claim Mirror,Mirror to only be 30IBU's. That doesn't seem right to me. Anyone out there know otherwise?

Back