Mini Fridge Kegerator/Fermentation Chamber Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattywwilson

Reaction score
Hey yall...so I've got two 5.5 cf mini fridges. Both have been gutted of their shelves and door shelves. Freezers bent up and operating well. Johnson temp controllers for both.

Considering space and $$$ constraints my plan is to stack the two. Fermentation on bottom. Kegs and CO2 up top with two faucets. Thinking a combination of chalkboard paint and some sort of wood paneling on the door of the bottom as well as the sides of both to tie it all together.

Any ideas for wood paneling? Would it work ok? Any issues with the stacking other than making sure it's stable? Any help/advice/criticism is welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

WilsonKegerator.jpg

The mock up looks pretty nice. My only fear would be that it would be top heavy if you were to have two kegs up top and nothing fermenting on the bottom. One heavy pull and it could be disaster. Just what I first thought of when reading the post.

A vinyl wrap would be cool for the bottom. I imagine it would be the easiest too.

Back