Mini-Brew fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhart94949

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, was wondering what everyone's thoughts are in the Mini-brew conical fermenter (plastic one from Cali)? I am considering picking one up but haven't heard a lot about them. Would love to hear from someone that has used one or knows someone who has.

Thanks!

I got one from Brew Demon. Want to try it as just starting up brewing after 35years away! Have it... the bung hole and grommet sent do not even get close to air tight..LOL but easily fixed with a #2 rubber stopper drilled to fit air lock..#2 grommets don't work! to drill start w/hole size go unti tough going... then drill the rest drill on reverse...works great.
Next problem I encountered is they are pretty big (wide) so didn't find a mini fridge for fermenter (I'm in HawaII) that it would fit so decided to build my fermenter box to hang off the front of mini fridge big enough for the little fermenter and 2 Corny kegs. Will be buying the materials tonite.
My hopes are to brew on my new set up in 5-6 gallon batches and pitch diff yaest so a small or two plus a 1/2 corny at a time for now then 5+gal batches in corny for house serving (after Kegerator build). then can have 2 batches plus a test going at a time.
Aloha, Jim
Attached picture of mine... approx. 10 wide and 23" tall with stand and airlock

BrewDemon.jpg

Back