mine is FINALLY ready!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
thought id share with you i finally got to sample MY beer.. im pretty happy with it...tastes really good.. the carbonation was good.. definately still has an ale taste..but heck it is an ale. i love the sweetness that the grains put in.. very easy to drink and definately has a wonderful aroma.. the color is awesome and i only have a bit of chill haze...

of course.. now im looking to perfect it.. i think im going to brew the same thing again.. leave out the honey and add a bit of rice for some crispness and probably a lager yeast...we shall see..

thought id share a pic of it.. its so pretty and the fact that i did it.. its wonderful!

so this is what it is...

4 lbs extra light malt extract
1 lb honey
1 lb 2 american two role pale
1 lb corn maize
.25 lb crystal malt 10L

saaz hops for aroma and bitterness

american ale yeast - Wyeast 1056

11a9a14.jpg

Corn makes for a very smooth ale. I used 2.5 lbs in my Poor Richard's and, believe me, it wasn't bud.

Dude said:
Holy crikey, look at all that corn! Were you going for a budweiser clone? :p

Looks great!!!!! Keep up the great work!

That's just too funny.... its hard to get her lips off the end of a Bud Lite, but she is getting better....

Latest posts

Back