Millipore Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizbrewer12

Reaction score
I found a filter some time back in an equipment auction that I thought would be usable in my brewing process. After getting it home I'm not entirely sure of the use or application. I wanted to see if anyone was knowledgeable about this type of filter.

I got it for cheep so no real loss. It looks cool and I'd like to use it if possible, but not sure what for. Any info is appreciated.

20140830_144428.jpg

20140830_144451.jpg

20140830_144519.jpg

20140830_144537.jpg

20140830_144710.jpg

looks like something from the bio-fuel industry. I dont really know anything about the different filterers/filter material but since it can operate at above 100psi you could use it for a final beer filter if thats part of your process. Or you could also turn it into a hop-rocket type thing. With the the right filter insert you can use it for a variety of application but its all down finding the filter parts and your process of course. but congrats on some SS bling

I think you're right about the bio industry. I'm close to farm country so that makes sense.

The filter it came with is a model for gas, but I could give it a try on 5 gallons and see what comes out. I've had a hard time locating replacement filters. The hop rocket is a good idea too. It wouldn't need much modification. Just a few adaptors. Thanks.

Is there paper media inside that mesh tube? I might just be worth it to rip out the paper bit and use it as a filter or even a hopback.

Back