Milk Commercial UGH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
So in this commercial they have kids in a spelling bee and present lecithin, the emulsifier used in almond milk (a natural product extracted from sunflowers). The girl spells it wrong. The boy gets milk, obviously he spells it right. The end punch line is "ingredients you can spell."

Really, really? Are they really going the food babe route? Are people out there really this ignorant? I love milk from a cow, but this kind of idiotic lowest denomination tactic has to stop. :rage:

Well people are pretty ****ing stupid.

That said... almond 'milk' is an abomination.

So in this commercial they have kids in a spelling bee and present lecithin, the emulsifier used in almond milk (a natural product extracted from sunflowers). The girl spells it wrong. The boy gets milk, obviously he spells it right. The end punch line is "ingredients you can spell."

Really, really? Are they really going the food babe route? Are people out there really this ignorant? I love milk from a cow, but this kind of idiotic lowest denomination tactic has to stop. :rage:

Uhh, a high proportion of the people who *win* the Scripps National Spelling Bee each year can't even drink milk...

http://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000661

This is like the anti-smoking campaign that drives me nuts. There are enough legit things to be said about cigarettes, that you would think they could come up with something better than this flawed logic:

"Urea is found in cigarettes. Urea is found in urine. Do you really want that in your mouth?" [or something similar]

Ummmm...water is also found in urine...what's your point?

This is like the anti-smoking campaign that drives me nuts. There are enough legit things to be said about cigarettes, that you would think they could come up with something better than this flawed logic:

"Urea is found in cigarettes. Urea is found in urine. Do you really want that in your mouth?" [or something similar]

Ummmm...water is also found in urine...what's your point?

Yeah, but do you really want that in your mouth?

There's no alcohol in that stuff.

Well people are pretty ****ing stupid.

That said... almond 'milk' is an abomination.

I was about to like your post...but since I like Almond Milk I'm guessing you've only tried dirty "street" blends.

Got it straight from the almond grower. That's the way to do it.

I was about to like your post...but since I like Almond Milk I'm guessing you've only tried dirty "street" blends.

Sorry.

My wife wanted us to try it and I was all "Oh crap, protein sucks in this, oh... no fat?

Oh my ****. My Mac and Cheese tastes like almonds.

Dump that ****, now."

Sorry.

My wife wanted us to try it and I was all "Oh crap, protein sucks in this, oh... no fat?

Dump that ****, now."

Finally something we can agree on. Dump that ****, now!

Sorry.

Dump that ****, now."

Well that's just gross.

Yeah, my general advice would be to not cook with it, unless you want a strong almond flavor to come through. I was pretty sure I knew better, but did it anyway.

Funny, that commercial wouldn't work with 99% of all the other food that's bad for you. A simple bag of potato chips shouldn't have 20+ ingredients.

As Lewis Black said (about soy milk)
"There's no such thing as soy milk. It's soy juice... but they couldn't sell soy juice, so they called it soy milk... because any time you say "soy juice", you actually start to gag. And they put soy milk in with my moo cow **** milk! And it doesn't belong there because we all know there's no soy milk because there's no soy titty, is there?"

Same goes for Almonds.

Yeah, my general advice would be to not cook with it, unless you want a strong almond flavor to come through. I was pretty sure I knew better, but did it anyway.

I thought you weren't supposed to cook with it as it broke down the emulsifier.

As Lewis Black said (about soy milk)
"There's no such thing as soy milk. It's soy juice... but they couldn't sell soy juice, so they called it soy milk... because any time you say "soy juice", you actually start to gag. And they put soy milk in with my moo cow **** milk! And it doesn't belong there because we all know there's no soy milk because there's no soy titty, is there?"

Same goes for Almonds.

Could be. I've never seen a soy plant. Have you?

Funny, that commercial wouldn't work with 99% of all the other food that's bad for you. A simple bag of potato chips shouldn't have 20+ ingredients.

And that is the very reason that my family makes our own potato chips.

Potatoes
Safflower oil (or canola in a pinch)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Garden grown herbs

My daughter is a hit at school with her first grade class at lunch time

Latest posts

Back