Military brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pardon the question from an ignorant squid

aren't ALL marines 0311? thought that was a given

or is the MOS 0311 different from the designation "rifleman" ?

different. we are all trained to be proficient, hence "every marine is a rifleman" but an 0311 infantry marine is a Rifleman - don't know if I cleared that up

Welcome former Navy Myself, 8yrs IS1 And retired USAF MSGT 17 yrs. Strange road i went down, Not a bad life at all!

different. we are all trained to be proficient, hence "every marine is a rifleman" but an 0311 infantry marine is a Rifleman - don't know if I cleared that up

small "r" rifleman vs capital "R" Rifleman

got it

as a squid, always glad to give you guys a ride to whatever beach needed taking. happy to soften up the landing a bit too, no extra charge

4 years ad army, 10 years (so far) Minnesota National Guard. I am a self propelled sandbag (infantry).

USMC 0311 is your "basic rifleman", an 0331 is a machine gunner, 0341 is a mortarman. The motto is "every marine is a rifleman" is just that, a motto. Your MOS designates your actual job.

This is quite the long running introduction thread! Leave it to us military folk to do it right!

AD Navy Master Chief here. Currently stationed at Joint Base Charleston. That's a fancy way of saying my Naval Weapons Station is now run by the Air Force.

Back