Miley Citrus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of vma's, anyone hear what Dave Grohl said about making music on computers and not from the heart.

Pretty much sums up today's "music"

That song by fun. that starts "Some nights I stay up ..." is a perfect example of that. The three or four part vocal harmony has been run through a computer to make it oh so perfect - but that's the problem. It's TOO perfect and less human.

That song by fun. that starts "Some nights I stay up ..." is a perfect example of that. The three or four part vocal harmony has been run through a computer to make it oh so perfect - but that's the problem. It's TOO perfect and less human.

I listened to an article on NPR about how these teenie bop sluts make music.

20 or so songwriters get together at some Super Producer's studio.

They all put together a demo for whatever they think will impress said slut.

Slut reviews them all and picks one (honestly I would be surprised if someone didn't do that for her too) and then her people and the writers crank out the real version and the slut lays her vocal track on it, and it hits the radio.

I was horrified. That process is so factory like and NOT from the heart.

WTF????

Attended 3 day Forecastle outdoor music festival this year. It was so god damned refreshing it wasn't even funny.

From the 23 string band to the Black Keys and everything in between, REAL music.

I listened to an article on NPR about how these teenie bop sluts make music.

20 or so songwriters get together at some Super Producer's studio.

They all put together a demo for whatever they think will impress said slut.

Slut reviews them all and picks one (honestly I would be surprised if someone didn't do that for her too) and then her people and the writers crank out the real version and the slut lays her vocal track on it, and it hits the radio.

I was horrified. That process is so factory like and NOT from the heart.

WTF????

Attended 3 day Forecastle outdoor music festival this year. It was so god damned refreshing it wasn't even funny.

From the 23 string band to the Black Keys and everything in between, REAL music.

Where do you think spectacularly well thought out, high quality, emotionally moving lyrics like "We are never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never getting back together again" come from?

I was watching that Live at Daryl's House show the other day and Joe Walsh was bemoaning that same kid of crap. Fortunately, good, real, honest music is still out there.

And another thing: the TV was on in the locker room at the gym the other day and it was tuned to that TMZ show. These d*ckheads were making fun of the fact that Toad the Wet Sprocket is recording again and "Oh, they had like ONE song!" and what losers, etc.

the morons obviously had no idea how good and how good Dulcinea and Fear are and how influential they were on so many bands in the 90s.

These are today's tastemakers.

Avett Brothers, Josh Ritter, Mason Jennings, Todd Snyder, Black Keys.....

Singer/songwriters are alive and well, unfortunately society likes their music like they like their beer. Mass produced, cheap, and bland.

There is a backlash going on of people looking for bluegrass, folk, etc. but it is slow to take hold, andthe MTVers of the world will be slow to accept it.

Why is Miley dancing with Beetlejuice? :confused:

Edit: Oh hell. I guess I'm late to that party. That's what I get for being a hermit. Carry on.

Just because..

miley-cyrus-vmas-5.jpg

Is that the 2nd or 3rd time that's been posted in here?

Everyone gives Miley crap about this but is she the one who coordinated and planned this show?

She's just the dancing monkey, not the trainer.

Is that the 2nd or 3rd time that's been posted in here?

Everyone gives Miley crap about this but is she the one who coordinated and planned this show?

She's just the dancing monkey, not the trainer.

Ironically a dancing monkey is the one pulling the strings also.

A ****** that goes by the name Billy Rae Cyrus/DADDY.

Hope somebody beats his face in.

As stated before, my hatred for Billy Ray went back to long before his wife gestated Miley. Poor girl doesnt have a prayer. 15 years from now, after the full melt-down that we will all laugh about, she'll do a new movie out of nowhere that is actually reasonably well acted and directed by someone respected and we'll all comment on how brave she is. Feh.

Achey Brakey Heart and Pop Country in general, are only slightly better this for this country than the super rich are.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If I never had to hear Achey Brakey and its ilk ever for the rest of my life, I would happily let the stock market take a giant crap on the chests of the American people and start the process all over.

Ok maybe not. But Id consider it really hard.

I don't much care for pop or country music.

I'm more of a Red Hot Chili Pepper kinda guy. I slappa Da bass, too, and flea is my biggest inspiration.

I doubt anyone who is musically inclined, would say the same about Miley Cyrus or her father.

The only thing I'm taking from this thread is that I plan on brewing a citrus-infused beer and call it "Miley Citrus". So good your tongue will fall right out of your face.

The only thing I'm taking from this thread is that I plan on brewing a citrus-infused beer and call it "Miley Citrus". So good your tongue will fall right out of your face.

Well make sure you brew it thin bodied and with a weak (malt) backbone to emulate the real deal.
And like I said before, if You can source some syphilis too, that would authenticate the recipe.

I finally submitted and watched the video. I found the furry thing more disturbing than the Beetlejuice lap dance.

I'm still thinking what I thought when she was on the Teen Choice Awards a month ago: she's trying to be Lady Gaga who is trying to be Madonna who was trying to be Marilyn Monroe.

Give her two more years and she'll be Lindsey Lohan.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of this time of year when I was in college. Fresh crop of 19-year-old girls show up on campus, first taste of freedom, they'd down a couple Zimas in the dorm and then head to a basement party and ... act kind of like Ms. Cyrus ... and so forth.

EDIT: Apologies to those who just sent their kids off to college for the first time. I hung out on the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak, in college.

"I get no respect. I tried to twerk, but I got laid off." ~ If Rodney Dangerfield was still alive.

The things I think of while cycling.

I'm going to back down on this one I think. Nothing anyone has said has upset me perse, but I can see myself going beyond a rant on the topic at hand and careening into a full on political diatribe.

I'm going to back down on this one I think. Nothing anyone has said has upset me perse, but I can see myself going beyond a rant on the topic at hand and careening into a full on political diatribe.

Do it. This is a ridiculous subject anyways.

You guys don't watch much tv do you?
This kind of crap is on almost every night.

And that my friend is why I don't watch much TV....

I now remember why I never watch any awards shows at all.

I watched the Grammy's a year or two ago which was the first awards show I'd watched probably ever in my life. I just never pay attention to them. Most of them are just over-produced, under-talented bubble gum kid music.

Then Adele came on and performed one of her songs. Holy **** that woman can SING. I bought her album the next day and I've been a fan ever since.

If she put out an album of her singing the phone book I'd buy it. She is one of the most talented singers I've ever heard.

Isn't there some sort of "unpleasantness" in the mid-east right now? Can we talk about that instead of a 20-year old's rubber undies? She's a succubus, a human paraquat if you will.

She's a 20 year old behaving precisely the way we as a society want her to. We want a young woman, every few years, to come on the scene and "shock" us with a show of sexuality, which... by the way, we are both terrified of and seek out for private tittilation... so that we can call her a whore and get "outraged."

She's a symbol of what whores WE are... not what a whore she herself is.

I am HAPPY to have cut the cord.

I Roku. Netflix, Amazon prime, etc.

Only time I see a commercial is if I watch a free movie on crackle.com or the like. It gives you the option of seeing 2 30 second commercials during the movie, or watch 1 minute of commercials before the movie. 1 minute of commercials that you can easilly skip by going to the bathroom or getting a snack.

I now abhor commercials. They seem so pushy and insulting.

So in a sense I watch NO tv. No Miley, no 50 cent, nothing unless I want to.

She's a 20 year old behaving precisely the way we as a society want her to. We want a young woman, every few years, to come on the scene and "shock" us with a show of sexuality, which... by the way, we are both terrified of and seek out for private tittilation... so that we can call her a whore and get "outraged."

She's a symbol of what whores WE are... not what a whore she herself is.

That's very insightful, almost profound.

I DVR everything, so neither do I. If I try to watch live TV, they drive me NUTS. I have to record it and watch it later so I can skip through them.

The problem is when I travel for work and want to watch TV either as entertainment or to cover up sounds so I can go to sleep. I've taken to watching old movies on TCM because they are commercial-free.

The downside to that is you miss out on some of the awesome new shows. I didn't discover Breaking Bad until about a month ago. I've been watching the episodes like mad trying to catch up.

I am HAPPY to have cut the cord.

I Roku. Netflix, Amazon prime, etc.

Only time I see a commercial is if I watch a free movie on crackle.com or the like. It gives you the option of seeing 2 30 second commercials during the movie, or watch 1 minute of commercials before the movie. 1 minute of commercials that you can easilly skip by going to the bathroom or getting a snack.

I'm leaning closer and closer to doing this.

Really the only TV I watch are a handful of shows on HBO and SHOWTIME. I don't watch a single show on Network TV (ABC CBS, NBC, FOX) aside from the local football games. Everything I watch on cable stations is available on the sites you listed. Commercials get muted.

Maybe it's time. I can easily show SWIMBO how to use these sites.

I'm leaning closer and closer to doing this.

Really the only TV I watch are a handful of shows on HBO and SHOWTIME. I don't watch a single show on Network TV (ABC CBS, NBC, FOX) aside from the local football games. Everything I watch on cable stations is available on the sites you listed. Commercials get muted.

Maybe it's time. I can easily show SWIMBO how to use these sites.

Only thing that is really missing is college sports......

ESPN3, where you stream games on the GOD DAMNED INTERNET.....requires you to have a cable subscription....I yunderstand why, but in the mean time somebody else will figure something out and ESPN will miss the effing boat.

I've only seen one Wand Erection (I loved that Wand Erection trended on twitter every time One Direction performed on X Factor) video.

My opinion: they are this generation's version of The Monkeys.

Spunk trumpets, lol.

If you can't write music then go FUKK yourself as far as I am concerned. You can sing? Lucky you. You are about as artistic as a swimsuit model and the same kind of "lucky".

Adele isn't my kind of music, but she writes it (from what I've heard) so I can respect it.

To be fair, by that logic Pavarotti is a hack because he doesnt write his own music.

This is the one and only time I'll link Pavarotti to a boy band.

Back