Might be a dumb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usaftrevor87

Reaction score
I used the search bar and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.
I am thinking about doing a cranberry wine.
The recipe calls for:
6 tsp – Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp – Yeast Energizer
¼ tsp – Liquid Pectic Enzyme
¼ tsp – K-Meta
1 ½ tsp – Tannin

This is for 6 gallons so I want to make a 2 gallon batch so I will obviously divide by 3. My question is will the Pectic Enzyme or K-Meta matter if I keep it 1/4 or maybe do 1/8th?
It would be kind of hard to do 1/12th of anything. So should I just do the 18th on the pectic and k-meta or just do the 1/4? Thanks

I can't really advise on how to do the tiny fraction, but for the Yeast Nutrient and Energizer I would check the instructions on the package. Those amounts seem huge to me.

Fair enough.

I guess I'm wondering if 1/4 tsp of k-meta would be the same doses at 6 gallons or 2 gallons...

Fair enough.

I guess I'm wondering if 1/4 tsp of k-meta would be the same doses at 6 gallons or 2 gallons...

No! Don't use the same dose. If you can't measure such small amounts, you could make a solution with the k-meta in water, and then add that to the wine.

What I mean is to use 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta in 6 tablespoons of water, and then add 2 tablespoons of that solution to your wine.

I know 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta doesn't seem like much, but it's 225 ppm if you add that in one gallon! You want about 50 ppm.

No! Don't use the same dose. If you can't measure such small amounts, you could make a solution with the k-meta in water, and then add that to the wine.

What I mean is to use 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta in 6 tablespoons of water, and then add 2 tablespoons of that solution to your wine.

I know 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta doesn't seem like much, but it's 225 ppm if you add that in one gallon! You want about 50 ppm.

By golly gee wiz! That just might work... haha this is why I love this place :ban:

Latest posts

Back