Microbrewery Stats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstorm

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm collecting some data for a little research project about microbreweries. If you own or work for one and you have access to a few basic numbers, it would help me immensely!

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Brewery name
  • Annual production (bbl/year)
  • Pub capacity (people)
  • Pub area (ft^2)
  • Total building area (ft^2)
  • Amount of production sold in-house (% of total production)
  • Batch size (bbl)
  • Number of full-time employees (include part-time employees as fractions of full-time; e.g. one employee at 10 hours/week is 0.25 full-time employees).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the tip... but I think that data is only available for members. I have an account but not a membership. I was hoping to avoid dropping a few dimes for a membership just for the sake of this little project!

I have tried probrewer, that thread's been quiet for a couple of days.

I'm just simply trying to collect some statistics about microbreweries - purely an academic exercise.

Have you tried searching the sate Brewer's Guild sites? Here's Oregon. Not sure if they get detailed enough for your project, but there's contact info for a lot of breweries, so you might try reaching out to the breweries.

The brewer's guilds have nice lists of breweries, but no stats. I think I might be stuck either shelling out the $150 for a Brewer's Association, or contacting the breweries directly (which I've tried doing with about 5% success, most are too busy to answer!)

Oh well, it was worth a shot. Thanks everyone!

Also, your list of things is pretty optimistic. I'd be amazed if anybody kept stats on floor space and customer capacity, and breweries may want to conceal what percentage of their beer is sold at retail.

Latest posts

Back