Melomel Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be fermented out completely, but most of it will be gone. What some people do if they want more fruit flavor is wait till it's done, stabilize it, then add fruit extract or juice.

It won't be fermented out completely, but most of it will be gone. What some people do if they want more fruit flavor is wait till it's done, stabilize it, then add fruit extract or juice.
When I started my blackberry mead i did as Craft a Brew's booklet says ....to wait 2wks after to add the fruit and ferment 3+ wks so i guess I'll see what that does.

But as for the Cherry mead ....Im doing a 5 Gal carboy....so im doing 2lb of fruit per gallon....so I left some room for the fruit....so as far as the color/flavor....just incase i dont have room to do all 10lb of cherries in the carboy ....I boiled 2lb of cherries using strainer bags ....and added that for a head start of flavor/color and do the rest of the cherries after Fermentation is done

Latest posts

Back