Meijer Spring Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakeup

Reaction score
I looked, but haven't been able to find anything out about the Meijer spring water. Does anyone know the profile of Meijer spring water or know who to contact to get that information?

I dunno, but it will most likely change based on their supplier. My guess is that Meijers buys a load of spring water from the lowest bidder, then slaps a Meijers label on it. One week you might be buying water that originated in wisconsin, the next month from Maine.

Dexter, eh? I grew up in Chelsea and recently moved to Taylor. If I were you, I'd go talk to some managers there. I know a lot of their stuff (like bread) is made by other people and they slap on their label (their bread is Aunt Millies). I bet the water is the same way.

What info are you looking for?

PS Nice Tool quote.

Dexter, eh? I grew up in Chelsea and recently moved to Taylor. If I were you, I'd go talk to some managers there. I know a lot of their stuff (like bread) is made by other people and they slap on their label (their bread is Aunt Millies). I bet the water is the same way.

What info are you looking for?

PS Nice Tool quote.

I'll ask there. I'm looking for typical stuff: Ca, Mg bicarbonate, Na, Cl, so I can estimate mash pH reasonably and know if I need any mineral additions.

That is what I have used for my last two extract brews. I bought it at the Zeeb road meijer. I have six more gallons waiting for my next batch. I have no idea what the chemistry is but it worked fine. OG and FG were exactly what the kits said they would be. I had very active fermentation for both.

I did use it for a pale ale AG brew, and it seemed to be ok. I want to know because I am brewing a stout, and want to have some idea of how acidic the mash will be and if I need to balance it.

So then just check the PH. By the way, did you know that adventures in homebrewing is open now on Jackson avenue? The place is huge.

I went in there earlier this week, and it's fantastic. I'm really looking forward to going there instead of all the way to Taylor.

I went in there earlier this week, and it's fantastic. I'm really looking forward to going there instead of all the way to Taylor.

Amen brother. I talked to the owner when I was there. They are open but no where near capacity. Give that place a couple more months and it will be home brew supply heaven. The Taylor store is packed in a small floor space. I think it is kind of overwhelming to find stuff. The Jackson store is gonna be the Cabela's of home brewing.

Watched a doc called "tapped" last night about bottled water. I am not reactionary but inthink I might be done investing $8 per brew in water for a while. As a brewer I know the importance of water quality but it seems to me that the difference is, in actuality, a perception and not the reality.
Damn those documentaries!

Watched a doc called "tapped" last night about bottled water. I am not reactionary but inthink I might be done investing $8 per brew in water for a while. As a brewer I know the importance of water quality but it seems to me that the difference is, in actuality, a perception and not the reality.
Damn those documentaries!

I would use my home well water, but the problem is that my water has arsenic and I have to use bottled water. I have a RO drinking water, but it would take forever to get enough water out of that system to brew with, and then I'd have to add a bunch of minerals back anyway.

Amen brother. I talked to the owner when I was there. They are open but no where near capacity. Give that place a couple more months and it will be home brew supply heaven. The Taylor store is packed in a small floor space. I think it is kind of overwhelming to find stuff. The Jackson store is gonna be the Cabela's of home brewing.

I am really excited about that store. I've been there and it looks like it will be awesome once they get completely setup.

See if you can get some Ice Mountain. The bottling facility is just down the road from me. You should be able to note the source on the bottle. I know they use a deep well over there, not just a tap source. Should be pretty stable throughout the year. You might be able to get a mineral report from them, or at least if you sent a sample to Ward, it should be accurate.

Back