Maytag MQC1552TEW replacement (Whirlpool EH151FXTQ/WZC3115DW or Amana AZC31T15DW)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
My 8-keg keezer died. ;(

The 10-keg Maytag MQC1552TEW (14.8 cu ft) would work great and give me a couple of spare spots but it seems discontinued (Whirlpool bought Maytag in 2006).

My research leads me think that all these models are identical replacements:

• Whirlpool EH151FXTQ (also discontinued?)
• Whirlpool WZC3115DW
• Amana AZC31T15DW

Can anyone confirm?

They certainly look very similar and the very minor external size differences are likely due to slightly different handle depths only. Searching this forum for the other models is coming up blank however...

All seem to look identical to this:

388f276ada0ddd74d7f07fc42a5e89a4_319526.jpg

Thanks!

Kal

Thanks for the link but I went through all 46 pages of that thread today before posting ... ;) It's an excellent resource.

The Maytag's in there (it's the link I provided) but that model is discontinued since Maytag's now owned by Whirlpool. The others I mentioned are not mentioned in the thread (or anywhere else keezer related on the 'net from what I can tell, so I thought I'd post/ask in the hopes that someone's lurking).

One person mentioned they thought that the Whirlpool EH151FXTQ was a direct replacement to the Maytag, but it's unconfirmed. I PM'ed them and they ended up not using the freezer for brewing so it still remains unconfirmed.

I *think* they're all the same but was hoping for a confirmation before I have my dealer blind-buy. I went to ~12 stores yesterday with no luck.

Kal

I just purchased the Whirlpool WZC3115DW. I can take measurements if you like. (guessing it's a bit late for your build)

But I think your theory is correct.

I found your thread when seeing if anyone has used this model.

It will be another week or so before I have kegs inside of the keezer... but I did take some photos with some empty kegs inside and some cardboard circles to show what 6 1/6th kegs will look like.

Sorry, don't have a good photo from the outside.

I just purchased the Whirlpool WZC3115DW. I can take measurements if you like. (guessing it's a bit late for your build)

But I think your theory is correct.

I found your thread when seeing if anyone has used this model.

It will be another week or so before I have kegs inside of the keezer... but I did take some photos with some empty kegs inside and some cardboard circles to show what 6 1/6th kegs will look like.

Sorry, don't have a good photo from the outside.

Does the Maytag WZC3115DW fit 10 ball-lock kegs on the floor? I guess I'd buy it over the Amana since it is $70 cheaper.

My Amana AZC31T15DW does fit 10 ball lock kegs but I find it overly tight, so I usually only have 9 kegs in it. (Yes, "only" 9 - times are tough). ;)

A picture of the mess: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAGbNepoKm5/?taken-by=theelectricbrewery

It's the large glycol trunk line in the left of the picture that makes it hard to take out kegs at the back if it's full.

Assuming they're all the same with different brand names you should be ok.

Good luck!

Kal

My Amana AZC31T15DW does fit 10 but I find it overly tight, so I usually only have 9 kegs in it. (Yes, "only" 9 - times are tough). ;)

Assuming they're all the same with different brand names you should be ok.

Good luck!

Kal

thanks. looks like the Maytag is not on home depot anymore, so i guess i'll get the Amana. 9 is good.

shoot. i'm confusing myself! the whirlpool is still available and cheaper at lowes:

WZC3115DW

maybe i'll go look at it.

thanks!

I got the WZC3115DW. It holds 9 plus a 3-gal on the hump. I like it. not too wide or deep. much louder than my super old one that it replaced though.

I got the WZC3115DW. It holds 9 plus a 3-gal on the hump. I like it. not too wide or deep. much louder than my super old one that it replaced though.

I think the noise can be resolved. The main rattle you hear are the pins that hold the compressed to the rubber feet. They're loose and shake with the vibration of the compressor motor against the metal that pushes up through the rubber bushing. I think if you remove the pins the noise would go away. But you'd need to remember to install the pins before moving the freezer again. When I finally build my keezer a metal base I'll be working on that issue.

I think the noise can be resolved. The main rattle you hear are the pins that hold the compressed to the rubber feet. They're loose and shake with the vibration of the compressor motor against the metal that pushes up through the rubber bushing. I think if you remove the pins the noise would go away. But you'd need to remember to install the pins before moving the freezer again. When I finally build my keezer a metal base I'll be working on that issue.

that makes sense. maybe i can tape them or something

Back