Maybe gots me a sour porter brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hukdizzle

Reaction score
IMG_0442.jpg

This picture is korndogs pic so all credit goes to him for this but I came back from vacation today to find a brett pellicle sitting on top of the blow off vessel on my porter. I went ahead and chunked the entire blow off setup (hose, airlock, and bung) and put a cleaned bung and airlock on it but I peered into it with a flashlight due to krausen sticking to the carboy and covering the entire beer from the liquid up and it looks like a possible brett pellicle may be forming inside although the white film is absent, I would take a pic but it's pretty much impossible.

Korndog's pic is what my blow off vessel looked like so I am assuming it's a brett infection so we'll see how it goes, I am racking it onto 6 ounces of Sumatra and Kona coffee tomorrow. Tbh I am not so stoked about a sour porter :/

I have a question for you guys do you think brett could travel up the blow off and back into the beer? This beer had an extremely vigorous fermentation and took off within 8 hours of pitching.

Back