May the 4th be with you- what are you brewing for Nat'l Homebrew Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geer537

Reaction score
It's coming up- National Homebrew Day!

I am brewing at my LHBS with 5-6 other homebrewers. I just got an upgrade to a 20 gallon system so my plan is to max out the mash tun and pull 5 gallons off for a barley wine to be oaked in an Hungarian 7 GL barrel and partigyle a 10 gl pale ale with the rest.

The Barley wine will be called May the 4th be with you. What's your plan?:mug:

I didn't know there was a "National Homebrew Day". I have been planning to get into BIAB so this may be a perfect opportunity. It'll also give me plenty of time for the batch I'm brewing this weekend to finish, freeing up my ferm chamber.

A....NHB day is May 3rd. Even, so, have a GREAT brew day on the 4th. I'll be at the LHBS on the 3rd, brewing 20 gallons of a tri-decoction pils, using Crisp Euro Pils under modified malt.

It's supposed to be the first Saturday in may. I may just try a PM Saison with spicy German noble hops. That Heavy Seas Red Sky At Night spiced Saison was pretty good. The spices & the barnyardy finish combined to make it spicy/earthy.

Thanks Uniondr! Now I have to break it to my friend who owns the shop and is inviting everyone over on the 4th that he's off by a day.

My LHBS has a big brew day on NHB day. Last year it was May 4, and I named my beer Biggs & Wedge Stout. Not sure what I'm doing this year. I've been meaning to try out Red x, so maybe I'll do something with that...

I'm gonna be at Talladega 3 May.

I'll tip a glass on the 3rd and brew the weekend before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I always have Nat. Guard drill that weekend...defending freedom is interfering w/ my pipeline! :cross:

What should I brew this weekend? I have a sack of 2 row, a pound of styrian goldings and perle, an ounce or so of Columbus, chinook and galaxy. I have saved starter of Irish ale, a smack pack of Belgian stout, and a willingness to bottle culture. Any suggestions?

My local club is having a big brew day where I'll be brewing an all falconers flight pale ale. And i just brewed a raspberry California common that I will tap that day. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone

It's time for summer beers, so a blonde with Meridian hops.

The 3rd is my daughter's first birthday. I haven't decided yet, but I think I will brew a barleywine or RIS so I can age it and enjoy it as she grows.

I am thinking BIPA and call it the darkside. May the 4th be with you.

I'm thinking brown malt and crystal 75 for colour, and perle to bitter. All 3 oz of American plus some goldings for a hopstand? I might add another oz of Columbus as well.

Latest posts

Back