Mashmaster Mash Tun Electric Mixer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerfly

Reaction score
I was disappointed to find as I recirculated my mash the grain bed temperature was all over the place depending on where I measured it. I built a low speed mixer to help with consistent temperatures. After my one hour mash I will raise the temperature for mash out, shut the mixer off for 15 minutes to set the bed and then begin my sparge.

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

At those prices it seems unlikely.
From the video I'd guess a steel shaft and steel blade roots and aluminum blades.
That's going to look interesting after the first mash...

Cheers!

At those prices it seems unlikely.
From the video I'd guess a steel shaft and steel blade roots and aluminum blades.
That's going to look interesting after the first mash...

Cheers!
Everything is stainless except the blade is aluminum. The shaft is threaded stainless road with stainless nuts, it made it easier to adjust the depth of the blade. The motor retails at 350.00 but found new old stock on Ebay for 20.00 shipped. If it works as intended, I will upgrade the mixing blade to stainless. (Likely based on a Jaybird mash paddle)

Wait.......you had issues maintaining mash temperature WITH recirculation? If anything recirculation should help maintain consistent mash temperatures more easily (if you're running it against a PID and electric element anyway). If you're just rising to strike temp, doughing in, and then recirculating without any temp control, you'd be better off not recirculating them. Just stirring and letting it sit

Wait.......you had issues maintaining mash temperature WITH recirculation? If anything recirculation should help maintain consistent mash temperatures more easily (if you're running it against a PID and electric element anyway). If you're just rising to strike temp, doughing in, and then recirculating without any temp control, you'd be better off not recirculating them. Just stirring and letting it sit

I will have to disagree with that, recirculation does not guarantee a consistent grain bed temperature. Check several places with a thermometer and the temp is all over the place. I believe a thinner mash helps but when I want a temperature of say 152, I want it to be just that.

Back