Mash tun pipe connections

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citingzero

Reaction score
So I've been lurking around here for a while and haven't quite seen answers, so I registered so I could make my first post and almost certainly be redirected to a place where this has already been answered...

I'm slowly making the switch to all grain and am currently working on building my mash tun. After reading a lot, I decided to go with copper pipes instead of braided ss. My question is, what do all of you use to hold the pipes together. I just bought couplers which fall apart pretty easily. I have read that I don't want to do anything permanent so that I can disassemble for cleaning. Right now I have thread tape on each connection, but I'm thinking I don't want to re-tape each connection after I take it apart for cleaning. Thoughts?

I use a SS Braid, so please do not take what I say as Gospel truth. I think that most people using copper manifolds use half inch copper and fittings that sweat on. However, I believe that they do not sweat the fittings and pipe together. Rather, they let friction hold everything in place. I would think that this will be sturdy enough to hold the manifold together while in use, but would still allow you the opportunity to take it apart for cleaning. I hope that this helps.

Mark

Latest posts

Back