mash tun parts question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmd

Reaction score
Goingto buy my parts to upgrade to a 10 gallon cooler mash tun. I have 2 questions:

1. - Does it matter if I havea 2 piece or a 3 piece ball valve?
2. - What is the best sight to get the parts? I know of bargain fittings or just go buy the cooler kit from northern brewer which will be a few dollars more.

lmd said:
Goingto buy my parts to upgrade to a 10 gallon cooler mash tun. I have 2 questions:

1. - Does it matter if I havea 2 piece or a 3 piece ball valve?
2. - What is the best sight to get the parts? I know of bargain fittings or just go buy the cooler kit from northern brewer which will be a few dollars more.

Any good ball valve should do just fine.

Don't skimp on fittings. I've got two MoreBeer cooler mashtuns that they put together for me and they're fantastic. I go to NB regularly and trust them to provide a good product and stand behind it.

3 piece is easier to clean and orient a certain way

I got all my stuff from bobbym's brewhardware.com. I started trying to fit and piece everything myself, and it was so damn confusing. His site has quality stuff and its setup to where I just ordered a MT kit, or a HLT kit, or a BK kit. It made everything easier. Looking back, it wasn't as hard as I made it out to be, but for someone who's never done anything like that, it can be confusing as hell.

Back