Mash temp "adjust for equipment temp" (x post from beersmith forums)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dextersmom

Reaction score
used BS on android for a while, recently started on PC. major thing i've noticed is a difference in strike temp adjustment for grain / mash tun temp. long story short after all recipe elements are entered and selecting to adjust profile by equipment temp PC version is quoting me a strike temp of, lets say 178 for a mash / grain temp of ~32. I thought that odd. Uploaded the same recipe to the cloud and ran it on my android app. same variables (obviously) and was now told the strike temp should be in the 190's. made more sense to me.

Any idea why there are such major discrepancies between the PC and android version?
if you need it I can provide all recipe / mash profile data, although i'm not sure how pertinent that is.

thanks in advance!

Kyle

20180115_181931.jpg
Screenshot_20180115-182125.png
20180115_182234.jpg

Screenshot_20180115-182601.png
Screenshot_20180115-182959.png

Same recipe for both... Profiles look the same to me as well.

However the plot thickens... As you can see when you go to the timer the temperature agrees between pc and app, but when you look at the mash / infusion step it's completely different.... Until right now I've never had this difference in values when using the app. This is truly bizarre.

Well I figured out the in app difference.. Once I hit edit then save (no changes) the timer and infusion screens agreed (196 degree strike at 34f tun / grain temp).
Tried this on the pc version but it did not change. So the pc version is still telling me to infuse with 178f while the app is telling me 196.....weird.

Latest posts

Back