Marcus homebrew back in this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxtractz

Reaction score
sup dudes. just getting all my equipment setup for a big brew off this sunday wit my uncle. so far i got 2 pots n he got hella extracs so should b good but jus gotta make sure we doin it right. How much water yall usein to get like 9 percent ? Tony said 9% too high but i seein them joints in the store so i know its possibl n hes doubting me. tryna get friends crazy on this kickback so really gotta turn this up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t let uncle hold you back. You can’t proclaim three “x”’s in your name if you ain’t putting in hella extract. Go for broke brother!

just remember, most yeast can only handle 12-14%, which is why i recommended the turbo that will go to 14% in 2 days or 18% in 5.....(you just need to make sure it's urea free)

Yo dawg, if ya got sum kickin' extracs then you don't gots ta worry bout the water, you gots ta think bout the gravity, which is the density of the sugary yeast grub, of whachya cookin' up.

If ya wanna no the gravity, then you gotta get all up in there with either a hydrometer or a refractometer in the hiz-ouss.

18% would b lit! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] my g imma have to cop that turbo jaunt.
cuballz u a hater.

Kickass u a real one!

Ya I knew it was possible but I jus gotta prove it now accept I’m not real good with the math. how much xtract for like 1 hurricane? Imma need like 6 but don’t wanna add to much water n make it some weak azz beer. Also how do I get the ice in there?

Thanks bros

Last edited:
Yo dawg, if ya got sum kickin' extracs then you don't gots ta worry bout the water, you gots ta think bout the gravity, which is the density of the sugary yeast grub, of whachya cookin' up.

If ya wanna no the gravity, then you gotta get all up in there with either a hydrometer or a refractometer in the hiz-ouss.

10-4 snoop gonna check it with my girls blow meter after 3 I’m like .10

Yo yo wha? Dude you be trippin' if you think you gunna get some good suggestions if ur units of measure are "hurricanes", dude, we hardly even deal in liters around here, so don't be bringing in that weaksauce. We talk in gallons round here. You tell us the gallons and we can try and get you some help.

gonna check it with my girls blow meter after 3 I’m like .10

I've got nothing. That was ambiguous. I don't understand.

you'd be better off using glucoamylase, and if you're going to make a batch, go for like 5 twelve packs...otherwise it ain't worth it....

and i bet you're the first person to ask how to get 'the ice' in there, lol

Bro... glucoamylase? Hell yea baby u already kno i gotta do it big!

Yo yo wha? Dude you be trippin' if you think you gunna get some good suggestions if ur units of measure are "hurricanes", dude, we hardly even deal in liters around here, so don't be bringing in that weaksauce. We talk in gallons round here. You tell us the gallons and we can try and get you some help.

I've got nothing. That was ambiguous. I don't understand.

Ohhh ok ok I see u, I’m bout it. So like 2 gallons how much xtract? 1 can is 3.3lbs

I’m bout it. So like 2 gallons how much xtract? 1 can is 3.3lbs

i already did the math for 5 gallons....20lb's for 18% 5 gallons would be (2/5)*20, well what the f ever, two cans.....wait no, three cans.....

but that's for a total of 2 gallons, so just top it up to two....and dont forget, you only need enough extract for nutes, if you've got some table sugar laying around, you could get 'the ice' in better....

Last edited:
I just figured out why my brews haven’t been good. I keep forgetting to put the ice in it.

Why would you need to add ice?

because 'ice' is kewl! makes the malt liquor fly off the shelves! :D if you're goin' to drink hurricane, and you want to be cool, better make sure it's hurricane 'ice'!

or as i write this, smooth! or, 'suave'!

edit: not to mistake, i like malt liquor, it's what i brew....which is why i've contributed so much to this thread, lol

I don't think I've communicated with any experienced homebrewer who adds ice at any point to the kettle or fermenter. Occasionally to a mash to get it back to proper conversion temperatures, but never again until maybe the glass. Some people will set the kettle into an icewater bath to cool the wort, but that's it.

I don't think I've communicated with any experienced homebrewer who adds ice at any point to the kettle or fermenter. Occasionally to a mash to get it back to proper conversion temperatures, but never again until maybe the glass. Some people will set the kettle into an icewater bath to cool the wort, but that's it.

alton brown added ice.....and he's a TV celebrity.....

Back